This intense 4-hour training block takes the student beyond the basics and focuses on intermediate skills for carrying and deploying a knife.
Emphasis on developing combined skills and tactical application of the knife takes the knife operator to the next level.
The following knife training topics will be covered:
- Knife deployment, use and safety.
- Knife characteristics and selection.
- Utilizing various striking surfaces of the knife.
- Carrying a knife and accessibility.
- Tactical deployment and application.
- Mental conditioning and combat mindset.
- Enhanced tactical aptitude.
- Principal rules of using a knife in self-defense.
- Threat cues and assessment.
- Edged weapon attack variables and recognition.
- Intermediate edged weapon striking techniques.
- Understanding application and effects of knife strikes.
- Identifying primary and secondary targets.
- Flow, feedback and reactive targets.
- Standoff capabilities of the knife.
- Direct contact and lateral movement.
- Close quarter flow techniques.